reviewed by firstname.lastname@example.org
‘Mohan Raghavan’s debut feature film ‘TD Dasan VI B’ got positive reviews from almost all the leading Malayalam movie portals when it was released early this year.Obviously nikhimenon’s expectations were sky high when he bought the dvd of this small movie.The covers had a fully dressed up Swetha Menon(thank God,she sn’t playing a pro this time! -thinks nikhimenon.) along with Biju Menon(oops.!) and two child artists.
100 minutes and a moserbaer dvd later nikhimenon was back with some startling discoveries and…..
· TD Dasan VI B is a simple but pretty ordinary film which has it’s heart in it’s right place.
· 11 year old Dasan’s search for his father would have been a compelling watch,had the makers concentrated a bit more on the scripting avoiding cliches’ like the lunatic (who comes out of nowhere and fades into the oblivion in the beginning of the movie ),the un necessary ‘movie within the movie sequences’ (honestly, the track is quite underdeveloped and it adds nothing much to the narrative),to name a few.
· Both the child artists were quite competent.The boy who played Dasan(Alexander) deserves a pat on his back
· TD Dasan had a decent and (most importantly)an original story to tell which couldn’t live upto it’s potential,thanks to a mediocre script.
…………some annoying querries…..
· Will Ms Swetha Menon ever be able to play a morally correct character in a Malayalam film?
· Biju Menon’s character is shown as an Ad film maker in the movie.One fine morning, he calls his assistant and says that the story for a movie is ready.C’mmon ,is it so easy to start making a movie?One needs a producer atleast.. right?
· What was the ‘movie within the movie track’ doing in this film?
· Why does Malayalam Cinema prefer an Alex Paul or a Suresh Peter to a Sreevalsan Menon or a Jason J Nair when the latter is available at a cheaper rate with better music?
Verdict: 2.5/5(Not bad)
ps: Mr Jagadish,please don't torture us more..!