Pages

July 5, 2015

Mini Reviews: 5 Movies & 2 Books!

Movies




  • Kappal (Tamil,2014)- Directed by Shankar's former assistant and marketed by the master craftsman himself,Kappal is a rom-com which has it's moments.Though the mrected middle portions dragged big time,I liked the way the wrapped up the story. My rating-2.5/5
  • Shamitabh(Hindi,2015)-More like a tribute to Big B's baritone voice,this Balki directed movie ends up irritating the viewers by the time the movie reaches it's last reel.National Award winning actor Dhanush and talented Akshara Haasan are wasted in poorly written roles. My Rating-2/5
  • Premam(Malayalam,2015)-Well,the movie is slowly but surely becoming the 'industry hit',surpassing Jeethu Joseph's brilliantly made 'Drishyam'.Well, some movies are like that, I fail to identify with them (though the whole world is raving about them) .May be,I'm too old to enjoy this 'epic'! My Rating-2.5/5
  • 100 Days of Love(Malayalam,2015)-A pretentious film! Dulquer,Nitya and 'hridayathin niramayi..' were good though! My Rating-2.4/5
  • NH10 (Hindi,2015)- A good first half and a decently executed climax.Anoushka Sharma gives a career best performance! My Rating-3/5


Books
Image:


  • Never Go Back by Lee Child- An okay thriller featuring Jack reacher.Too long,though! My Rating-2.6/5
  • Monogram Murders by Sophie Hannah- Poirot is back.Well,does Sophie Hannah does justice to the iconic character?Well, I have mixed feelings.It's neither too good nor too bad.Anyways,you can give it a try.My Rating-2.5/5

-nikhimenon

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

saw premam,okay movie

Elizabeth said...

This shows that it is time you are more particular about what books you read and what movies you watch!

Nice to know that there was a few ppl who didnt think high of Hype..i am yet to watch it.

Locomente said...

Why Premam is such a huge hit? I also think about that. I watched it twice. I might watch more... maybe because it looks so normal... So natural... So relatable!

About Shamitab.. It was irritating... Yes... And the world knows that Balki makes movies for Big B...

Nice compilation!